Argan oil has become a popular beauty product in recent years. It is used to moisturize skin and hair, as well as treat scars and acne. Unfortunately, many people have reported that using Argan oil can cause acne breakouts!
In this blog post, we will discuss the causes of acne and whether or not Argan Oil causes it. After that, you’ll be able to decide for yourself if you want to continue using this product!
What is Argan Oil, and what does it do for the skin?
Argan oil is a plant oil derived from the kernels of the Argan tree. It’s well-known as a beauty product and moisturizer.
The overall benefits of Argan oil are that it can moisturize skin, reduce scarring and counter the effects of acne.
Can Argan Oil Cause Acne?
However, when using this type of oil, it’s essential to exercise caution. Argan oil can be irritating to some people with sensitive skin, but this is rare. Acne can be triggered by any type of irritation in those who are prone to it.
Despite this, Argan oil is rich in Vitamin E and other nutrients that can help protect skin from sun damage.
Vitamin E and its role
Another reason argan oil can cause acne is that it contains vitamin E, which helps stimulate sebum production. This is the fatty acid that produces the oil your skin naturally creates. Unfortunately, vitamin E also has a pro-inflammatory effect, which can trigger acne-causing bacteria to multiply and grow, making inflamed blemishes on your face.
However, many people with acne will benefit from using vitamin E oil on their face because it has anti-inflammatory properties that may help them decrease the amount of redness and swelling associated with their pimples.
In all reality, it’s a hit or miss with this ingredient. Honestly, it’s hard to say if argan oil can cause acne because there are so many different factors involved in creating pimples on your skin.
If you have sensitive or dry skin, using any vitamin E product may lead to breakouts and redness. However, if your skin is oily and acne-prone, then giving this oil a try might just be what you need for clearing up some blemishes!
How to use argan oil in your daily routine for acne
1. Apply a few drops of the Argan Oil on your face and massage it gently for a minute. Make sure to rub it onto all areas with acne or blackheads, including your T zone, typically the most problematic area.
2. Apply a moisturizer after the scrub. You can also apply an oil-free moisturizer that does not contain any chemicals or artificial ingredients as they may adversely affect your skin and worsen acne.
3. You can also try mixing a few drops of Argan Oil in your regular moisturizer and applying it all over the face. Argan also makes a great natural beard oil if you have facial hair
4. Make sure to use any product with Argan Oil as an ingredient and not the actual oil all by itself. This is because other ingredients in a moisturizer might help treat acne while others may worsen it.
5. You can also add some drops of Argan Oil into your regular shampoo before massaging onto your scalp for about three minutes each time you wash your hair. Then, wash off with cool water and follow up with a gentle conditioner if needed! Make sure to leave enough time between using this treatment and swimming or sunbathing, so you don’t get sunburnt or chlorine burnt!
The best face masks for acne-prone skin that contain Argan Oil
– A popular home remedy is to mix a few drops of Argan Oil with sandalwood powder and turmeric. Mix the ingredients into paste form, apply it on your skin using circular motions, leave it for 15 minutes, then rinse off with water.
– Another simple recipe that you can try at home is mixing one tablespoon of argan oil, lemon juice, and honey. Apply this mixture onto the face after cleansing the skin thoroughly and rinsing off any other facial products or creams used earlier in the day. Leave this mask on overnight, then wash it off in the morning before applying moisturizer again.
You can also try mixing two tablespoons of Argan Oil with one tablespoon of jojoba oil and rosehip seed oil. Apply this mixture onto the skin for 15 minutes before rinsing it off or massaging it into your scalp right after washing your hair!
Why you should start using argan oil now!
The main reason you should begin using argan oil is that it’s packed with antioxidants. Antioxidants are products that help to protect against cell damage and premature aging of the skin. Another reason is that argan oil has anti-inflammatory properties; when applied regularly on the face, it can significantly reduce acne breakouts.
Lastly, Argan Oil is also known for controlling sebum production, which ultimately contains acne outbreaks! Make sure you also check out other carrier oils that are known for their acne-fighting abilities!
Argan oil can be used for acne treatment, anti-aging, and moisturizing. In addition, it is good to apply twice a day on the face or other skin problems you are experiencing. Finally, Argan Oil has many benefits both externally as well as internally!
For example, it’s not just great for your skin but also helps promote healthy hair growth by hydrating the scalp. With all these fantastic qualities in one product, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t start using this miracle worker at least once per day!
Frequently Asked Questions
Argan Oil comes in different grades and qualities; some are better than others. For example, if you opt for organic argan oil, ensure that its ingredients are 100% pure Argan Oil (and nothing else)
Organic oil is also hand-pressed and cold-processed to ensure quality, whereas non-organic argan oil may contain preservatives, such as parabens (which can cause skin irritation). The best way to tell whether your product contains mainly additives and fillers like fragrances is by checking the bottle’s list of ingredients.
Argan Oil has anti-aging properties as well. When applied to the skin, it can help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by preventing cell damage caused due to free radicals and harmful UV rays.
It also contains Vitamin E, which is essential for healthy-looking skin! What’s more, argan oil also contains carotenes and squalene, which help eliminate dead skin cells and keep the new ones healthy. So while being great for your skin, Argan oil also helps keep it moisturized by forming a protective barrier.
One of the best things about this all-natural beauty product is that you can apply it on your face as much or as little as you want! In addition, since Argan Oil has no side effects and is entirely safe, there’s absolutely nothing stopping you from treating yourself with more applications! For those who have dry, flaky patches around the nose area (a common problem faced during winter months), using this oil twice daily will help resolve such issues.
Yes, you can! Argan Oil works its magic in multiple ways – not only does it eliminate current breakouts, but it also helps heal old acne scars. Make sure you apply a few drops twice daily (morning and evening) for best results until your scars fade away completely.
Absolutely yes, this beauty product is actually for all types of skin. However, if you’re worried that you’ll be one of the rare people who react, it might be a good idea to test it on a small area first.